Share | 

A is for Annoying, S is for STOP it

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jae Baeli
Admin

Number of posts : 103
JOB/HOBBIES : Author, Editor, Artist, Webmaster, Singer-Songwriter
FAVORITE AUTHORS : Dean Koontz, Jeff Lindsey, Laramie Dunaway,Darian North, Richard Dawkins, Raymond Obstfeld
GENRES IN WHICH I WRITE : Novels, Stories, Technical, Business, Academic, Scientific, Copy, Scripts, Journalism, Memoir, Humor, Essay, Blog, Reviews, Poetry, Lyrics
Registration date : 2008-11-22

PostSubject: A is for Annoying, S is for STOP it   Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:38 am

(23 November 2007)

Not long ago, it came to my attention that i have some rather irritating trends in my work. Namely, the names. Titles, i mean. My first "slew" of books all begin with "A." Achilles Forjan, Armchair Detective, As You Were, Another Justice. . . I'm not sure if it's some deep-seated Alphabetical Addiction, or merely a subconscious belief that my writing is still at the beginning. . .perhaps i am working my way through the alphabet, like some popular mystery writers (A is for Annoying).

Now that would be sufficient to vex me, but i also noticed the the covers i designed for Achilles Forjan and Armchair Detective, both have vehicles on them. And As You Were has the image of a two lane highway....My best friend says she thinks it is my subconscious need to "go somewhere." Looks like i need a vehicle for a trip away from A's. (And then i named another book "the ARM"--but have since changed it to Quintessence). In fairness, i do have other books that don't begin with "A." Plethora, The Curse of Madagascar, It's About Time, Brainmatter, Yin & Yang....but the A-list is the one that's closest to print or in print right now, so I'm ultra-aware of it. I considered changing the titles to some, but just didn't feel right about it. So I'm just going to let that go, and be mindful henceforth. A is now for AWARENESS.

ADDENDUM: 25Nov08

Since writing the above post, i have noticed another trend like this, possibly as some subconscious effort to get away from A's--but the problem has become, that now i have too many S's...

Here are the Titles of some other works I've either completed or am working on:

Somewhere Else
Supernatural Hypocrisy
Soaking the Pillow
Strictly Academic

"S" is for STOP it!
nah I have no idea what insidious psychological chicanery this might be, but i find it intriguing, nonetheless.

ENTER a pithy quotation or credo that attempts to illustrate your superior intellect and profound spirituality, and seeks to encourage others to explore new ideas, understand the inexplicable, reject the nonsensical, and appreciate your scathing wit HERE
http://jaebaeli.com http://jaebaeli.com/blog.com
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://jaebaeli.com

A is for Annoying, S is for STOP it
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1