Kindred Ink Writers Initiative
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reviews of my book "Random Act of Blindness"

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jae Baeli
Admin
Jae Baeli

Number of posts : 103
JOB/HOBBIES : Author, Editor, Artist, Webmaster, Singer-Songwriter
FAVORITE AUTHORS : Dean Koontz, Jeff Lindsey, Laramie Dunaway,Darian North, Richard Dawkins, Raymond Obstfeld
GENRES IN WHICH I WRITE : Novels, Stories, Technical, Business, Academic, Scientific, Copy, Scripts, Journalism, Memoir, Humor, Essay, Blog, Reviews, Poetry, Lyrics
Registration date : 2008-11-22

Reviews of my book "Random Act of Blindness" Empty
PostSubject: Reviews of my book "Random Act of Blindness"   Reviews of my book "Random Act of Blindness" Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 1:33 pm

"Intelligent and classy book...

Being a straight married female, I wasn't sure what to expect as I began reading this novel. I am accustomed to anything labeled "erotica" being seedy and without plot. This book was a welcome surprise! It is written with intelligence and class. Any awkward feelings I felt as a "straight" person as I began reading this-my first example of "gay erotica"-immediately paralleled the awkwardness being felt in the first few pages by the main character which allowed me to relate, as it should anyone, gay or straight, and keep reading. These characters are so real anyone should be able to identify with them. I loved the clever dialogue! Combine this great characterization with a compelling plot and it becomes about the story, not the sex. However, for those of you interested in the sexual encounters, they are such that would make any couple envious!

In the end, what I found was a very intelligent,witty,and compelling love story about the kind of fulfilling relationship that everyone searches for yet few rarely find in their lifetime. No matter who the lovers may be, no one should ever condemn true love. A truly great read written by an obviously intelligent and witty author! Kudos, Jae Baeli!
~Tanya Gotcher
Little Rook, AR
---------------------------------------------------------

Brilliant!!!! I just finished reading Jae's book, "Random Act Of Blindness." I'm not accustomed to writing reviews, so please bear with me as I share my experience of this book. I had scanned excerpts from the book twice before, thinking, "well, this will be a juicy read," not realizing what lay forward. I started reading from the beginning earlier tonight and I couldn't stop until the last page. My initial perception of the story changed after the first 20 pages or so. What I thought was going to be a typical erotic story, ended up being everything but. The characters were authentically portrayed, vividly real. As I read, I felt like a starving soul voraciously hanging onto whatever morsel the next line would leave me with. I wanted more... I was filled with surprises, chuckles, and deeply immersed in the emotional experiences of the characters. Jae's talent with words and the ability to transport the reader to a delightful and entertaining journey is first rate! From the taboos of forbidden sex, to the apprehension of blossoming love, I was transfixed from the first word to the last. I highly recommend this book!!!
Now I can't wait to read the rest of them...... Thanks Jae........well done!
~Sandi Partee
Maine
Back to top Go down
http://jaebaeli.com

Reviews of my book "Random Act of Blindness"
Page 1 of 1